- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped candied cherries and pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in fruits and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
1 each: 59 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.Originally published as Candied Fruit Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1998Christmas Lights Cookies