- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 170°, about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken.
Freeze option: Before adding sour cream, cool chicken and spinach mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream.
1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup spinach mixture: 223 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.Follow me on Easy recipes