- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the red peppers and all the spinach.
- In a bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and salt. Combine eggs and milk; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour over spinach.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with rosemary if desired.
1 serving: 232 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.Originally published as Christmas Breakfast Casserole in Country Woman Christmas 1999Follow me on Easy recipes