- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.Originally published as Crackle Cookies in Reminisce March/April 1997Follow me on Easy recipes