- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time; turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.Follow me on Easy recipes