- 1 pound sharp white Cheddar cheese
- One 4-ounce jar pimentos, drained well
- 2 tablespoons grated Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Grate the cheese on the large holes of a box grater. [Editor’s Note: Between us, a food processor is the way to go. Five seconds max. David did it by hand just for old-timey’s sake.]
- 2. Mix the grated cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, grated onion, and a few good grinds pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Resist the urge to dig in immediately. The pimento cheese is unspeakably better after it sits for a while in the fridge—say, 24 hours. (You can stash the pimento cheese in the fridge for up to 4 days, provided you can resist it that long.)
3. To serve, decant the pimento cheese into your loveliest serving dish.
source:allrecipes.comFollow me on Easy recipes