- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Brown chicken on both sides in drippings over medium heat. Transfer chicken to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir just until tender, 1-2 minutes. Spoon over chicken; add bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, wine, broth, thyme and pepper until smooth; pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. Discard bay leaf. If desired, serve with noodles.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup mushroom sauce: 299 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.Follow me on Easy recipes