Sweet, savory, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish can’t be beat! The whole family will love the mixture of tender chicken and juicy pineapple chunks lying on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. The best part of this recipe is the pineapple because it’s a SUPERFOOD. Pineapples help keep bones healthy and strong because they are a top source for bromelain, which helps support joint health. If you want to get inventive, throw some Superfood veggies into the mix to add to the fun. Great choices would be: carrots, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus.
This recipe is amazing because it not only tastes great, but is only 7 grams of fat per serving!
- Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g | SmartPoints : 7 |
- 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup |
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1″ strips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Follow me on Easy recipes