WOW Crispy Cheddar Chicken Recipe – These are a great way to get a simple yet flavorful dinner on the table fast!
I had a fabulous weekend attending a snap conference with some of my favorite blog friends. We had so much fun attending classes and staying up late sharing ideas with each other. I learned a lot this weekend and I hope that I can continue to grow as a blogger! I had such a busy weekend and Mondays are always a struggle for me. I like to be able to make something quick and easy. This turned out fantastic and my 9 year old said that it was one of the best things that I have made. I loved how the Ritz crackers gave it a delicious crunch and the cream sauce on top was amazing. This is definitely a meal that will please the family and everyone will love.
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley
1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Some of it will fall off when you add it to the cracker crumbs, don’t worry about it. Press the cheesy chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in. By the time you are coating the last piece of chicken, the dish you are using for the crumbs will be full of cheese. Don’t let it get you down. Once the cheese melts in the oven it will adhere nicely to the crumbs and the crackers.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.Follow me on Easy recipes